So I'm laying here watching tv and someone makes a commen regarding the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and how people are relating the situation to World War II. I think to myself, maybe I should ask Daddy...but then it hit me, almost suddenly and as if it was just yesterday that my daddy isn't here anymore.
All these years, I've never really had a moment like that before. I really wanted to ask my dad a question. Not if he misses me, or if he's proud of me and my sisters accomplishments. Just a regular father-son question. Sometimes this world can be so cruel. I just want my dad. Someone who can teach me how to be a man. A man like him. How will I ever learn to teach my son how to be a man if I'm still incomplete?
It's been 14 years last week. It can sometimes feel like yesterday. But the love will always be there. I hope I can be a person you'll be proud of. I'm proud to have your name. I miss you daddy. I love you daddy.
Julio, III
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow Julio, reading that definitely made me tear. I know that feeling, I had a moment where I wanted to call my mom to talk to her about something. For a split second you forget they're gone :'( I remember the passing of your dad's death as if it were yesterday, I always email/text Teresa on the anniversary. I can't believe that it's been 14 years, time really does fly. Stay strong!
This made me cry.
Post a Comment