Monday, January 15, 2007

Just Plain Me...

About 18 months ago, I sat down and wrote a poem. Not a poem of love or romance, but a poem of identity and who I am. Today, 18 months later, I felt it necessary to remind the world (and myself) who I am....

Sometimes I ask myself why I am here

Should I be scared? Should I have fear?

I don’t know what my plan is; I don’t know what to do.

I don’t even know if I’m thinking this through.

I’m tired of impressing people and putting my thoughts in the backseat.

It’s my damn life; it’s my damn two feet!

Why do I try so hard to fit in?

“You can do it man, you can be thin”.

I’m sick of being what people want me to be,

I need to start just being me.

I’m letting you know right here and today,

That this nice guy…

He’s really gay.

Thats me...there is no other way to life your life! (thx bnp, lol) You don't like me then go jump off the Verrazano. (If not the toll will kill you anyway, lol)

No comments: